From the Outfitter
First of all, I wish to thank you for reading this and your interest towards our safari operation. We were blessed with another fantastic 2022 season as we were celebrating 31 years in the safari industry.
This was a personal highlight as one of my dreams is to offer safari in a class of its own on a next level safari area (For South-Africa) and we did just that on our new 56 000 acre Manketti Wilderness Safari area.
The feedback from our clients were all in agreement that we are now offering real hunting and real Africa. The excitement of the unknown and fair chase of the hunt on Manketti made it special and for sure next level. This added new excitement and energy, especially to our return 80% clientele.
We had many highlights and build new memories with our amazing loyal clients and are very thankful to each client that chose and trusted Quagga Safaris with their safari dreams. Without clients we cannot live our dream as this is not a job, but a lifestyle to us.
To the professional and dedicated team that joined in on the Manketti challenge (with more than 200 years of combined experience) and made it one of our best years ever, I wish to salute and congratulate them and thank them for all the extra miles and effort to make sure that every client only received the best time of their lives.
We as a team are looking forward to host you back in 2023 and offering Quagga Safaris as the leading safari company in South-Africa.
May God Bless us all and be with us through a new and exciting season ahead of us.
See you around the Quagga campfire under African skies…
About Quagga Safaris
It’s a dream that came true to offer a safari area that put us in a different level of what is commonly offered in South-Africa. We are proud to say that we are achieving this goal on the 56 000 acres Manketti Game Reserve, our main and prime Safari area, in the heart of Limpopo Province, South-Africa.
This amazing piece of Africa is owned by a large coal mining company and the Game Reserve is their contribution toward conservation. The team of biologist and management has a passion for the way forward in developing the Game Reserve to an Icon in conservation quality and diversity.
Quagga Safaris is proud that we have the exclusive hunting rights to this prime safari area. Manketti is the name of a very rare, now protected tree that is found on the reserve. One of our “photo booths” while on safari. The Game Reserve is very involved in community development and projects and conservation projects such as the rhino projects they just did with bordering countries such as Mozambique, Botswana and Angola. Exciting times to be involved with.
You are invited to experience this with the Quagga Safari team and be part of the next level, real hunting and safari opportunities we now offer on this amazing self-sustainable area. The hunting quota is done yearly and determined scientifically based on animal population, vegetation and in combination of what we experience daily while out hunting. The quota is always in favor of the continuous healthy and quality growth of the self-sustainable animal population. This guarantees us of quality game every season.
“This is not ranch hunting. This is for those who seek traditional, challenging and diverse hunting experiences combined with visible conservation approaches” DR J Mitch Stevison
- Our hunting season is between March – October with June/July our mid-winter.
- Weather is comfortable and little or no rain.
- We do all field preparation of trophies.
- Trophy Solutions Africa handles all our dip and pack services. All this will be handled for you. Taxidermy is also available.
- Our main camp in Limpopo is malaria free and medical services close by.
- Our arrival point is Johannesburg, where you will be met by one of us on arrival.
- We have a full time person handling firearms imports and assistance.
- South Africa is for all to enjoy and experience the best family hunting vacation of your life.
- Tailor made photographic packages available.
- We highly recommend to use our air-charter service to travel from/to Johannesburg and our Lodge.
- All Packages exclude 15% Government Tax on daily rates, airport transfers and pre-safari accommodation.
Service of licensed professional hunter, skinner, trackers and camp staff, accommodations within hunting area, all meals and beverages, laundry service, field preparation or trophies.
RATES EXCLUDED :
Accommodation before and after safari if needed, commercial or charter flights between hunting areas if needed, gratuities, packing, dipping, taxidermy and shipping of trophies, sightseeing and day trips away from camp. 15% Government tax only on daily rates and wounded game.
TERMS & CONDITIONS :
- All prices are quoted in US Dollar and are subject to changes
- A deposit of 50% of daily rate required to reserve dates
- Deposits non-refundable if cancelled 90 days prior to safari unless re-booked
- Balance of safari payable on completion
- Wire transfers before the last day of safari, cash and credit cards (5% fee on credit cards) accepted. Personal checks by prior arrangement
- Certain species subject to CITES quota and/or TOPS permits